Different browsers can behave quite differently. When you add code for an event or a virtual page to your site, it can be helpful to verify event execution as follows:
1. Refer to the Browser & OS report report.
2. Select Browser as the primary dimension and Operating System as the secondary dimension (or vice versa) to display the most-used browser/OS combinations for your visitors.
3. Preferably in a testing/development environment for your website, and using a Google Analytics profile that is filtered to display activity only for the hostname of the testing/development environment, visit the site and perform the activity that is coded to generate the event.
4. Check the event in the Real-Time > Events report.
The following browser/OS combinations account for much of the traffic to many websites:
• Firefox on Windows
• Firefox on Mac
• Chrome on Windows
• Chrome on Mac
• Internet Explorer on Windows
• Safari on Mac
• Safari on iOS (iPad, iPhone, and iPod Touch)
As explained above, refer to your Browser & OS report to view the browser/OS breakdown for your own visitors.